Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Site Envy

Ok, so I know that you aren´t suppossed to compare things and wish to have things, but I am in the site of another volunteer today since I have a meeting tomorrow and am staying overnight with her. Oh, her site is so nice, she has stores and internet cafes and chocobananos and easy transportation access, not to mention electricity and paved roads and water. What a luxury to be able to walk down the street and buy bread or go to a comedor to have lunch. Or have a refrigerator or an oven...ah...this is kind of hard to see. Don´t get me wrong, I like my site and it is very beautiful and will do some good work there, but darn, the living is tough in my site. Everything is difficult and I have none of the modern luxuries of life.

But, don´t worry I will be fine but right now am just having some site envy. Come to come later!

Cheers,
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment