Saturday, January 2, 2010

Finally - pictures!








Well, I have finally decided to take the time to upload pictures. I spent the day making caramel rolls with my grandma and man did they turn out awesome! She is a pro and it is always nice to bake with her to get some helpful hints. I'm proud to say the rolls turned out nice and fluffy - no over-kneading in my family :) I've got some fun pictures of the process - still using all of my grandma's bowls and utensils from when I first made these rolls with her back in the early 80's! She told me her rolling pin is almost 60 years old - bought from her dad's store. How cool is that!?

Also, I have a picture in here of my bags. I am allowed 80lbs of stuff and I just think I have everything that I might need to get started. I have quite a few shoes, some soccer falls as gifts for the host families, sheets, surge protector, and a variety of other stuff.

I am feeling very optimistic as of now. I am a little nervous about the restroom situation as I will inevitably fall ill at some point - so that is always nerve wracking not knowing quite what I'll be dealing with - however - aside from that I am feeling good. I am ready to go at this point as the process took almost a year from application date to the staging event. I know that there will be a lot of challenges - however - will just try to keep my sense of humor, relax, and take it all in.

Enjoy the pictures!
Cheers!
Tara

2 comments:

  1. Great pics! Grandma's carmel rolls are the best. I also see you had chicken dinner as well. (another fav). Have a great trip/adventure. I look forward to reading your blog and hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved having you here with us and fun to see you so full of excitement! The carmel rolls were excellent!! Can't wait for more pictures and details of your trip! Love you, mom and dad

    ReplyDelete