Welcome to my first blog post! I'm excited to start this blog to keep everyone updated on my new adventures in Guatemala! I am currently in Bend, OR hanging out with my sister for one more week and then I'm off to South Dakota to visit my parents and family for Christmas! I can't wait to see everyone as I haven't been back for a Christmas at home in many years.
In regards to current Peace Corps status - I can't believe my departure date is less than a month away. I will be in Guatemala for 27 months, working in Environmental Education and Ecotourism. I am thrilled with this assignment as I am passionate about the environment and am excited that I will be able to actively do something to make a difference. I know there will be many challenges, however, I'm coming in with an eager heart and open mind and can't wait to be a part of this experience.
I will be living in a rural area and also will be living with a local family for at least 6 months. This is for our safety and to help our integration in the local community. I know this will be quite the change for me as I've been living on my own for a long time and am used to the freedom that comes with it. However, I am looking forward to learning about my new culture from my family - how to cook, happenings in the community, and how every day life works in my new location. I know what I learn from them will be invaluable.
As of now, I'm not sure how often I will be able to update this blog as I'm not sure what my access to computers/Internet will be like. However, I will try to keep this as updated as possible and will start posting pictures as well.
Cheers,
Tara
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment