I'm here in South Dakota on the Eve before Christmas Eve. I had a wonderful weekend in Stockholm, WI with my Grandma and sister and then kept it going with even more celebrating with the entire family. It has been so nice to see everyone and catch up. One couldn't ask for a better family! Plus, I really appreciate all of the support and encouragement before I begin my Peace Corps adventure.
The highlights of Grandma's house include all of her homemade cooking and just having time to relax "at the Lake." I love hanging out with my Grandma at her house on the Mississippi River. The river is currently frozen solid - fairly early - but they had a deep freeze a few weeks ago and that froze it solid. My Grandma made a ton of Christmas cookies and we enjoyed lots of home cooking. I loved her Swedish meatballs, mashed potatoes, chicken and wild rice soup, homemade dumplings, and famous fried chicken dinner. My sister, Grandma, and I just relaxed and took it easy, talking and staying in pajamas until noon - what a luxury! Lots of memories, stories, and laughs were shared. I just love her house and seeing it is still the same as I've always remembered. Thank you Grandma!
Now as I sit, it is lightly snowing and we'll just see how much snow we get out of this big storm. It is nice knowing that I'm home, safe, and don't have to go anywhere. I have everything I need right here and can just enjoy some time with Mom and Dad and Grandma and my Aunt Susan. I'm sure many games and much good eating will be in store for the next few days.
I keep getting updates from the Peace Corps with a little more information. Only a few more forms to complete and then I'll be on the plane soon enough. Now it is just time to relax because soon enough things will be full steam ahead - early mornings included. Those who know me well know how much I just love early mornings ;) Oh well, it will be well worth it!
Cheers,
Tara
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We've loved having you here for Christmas! A few more days to have some fun before you leave! :) Love you, mom
ReplyDelete