Well, I am done working for the day. I am lucky to have scored free internet for 2 months from the volunteer who just left and although I am in the middle of nowhere, I have wireless internet. Thank you technology! I thought I would write to say a little about what I have been up to and what I am really liking about my site.
1. Poured concrete and applied it to the new addition of the hotel we are building here. Yes, there I was mixing concrete and smoothing out a new floor. I must say it turned out pretty well. I had a lot of help as there were a group of students here for a week doing a service learning spring break trip. It was really fun to work with him.
2. Just finishing painting around a couple of windows, trimwork, and a wall inside the hotel. Might I say the windows were about 20 ft. up and I was standing on a rickety ladder trying to do this and not fall off. Dont worry though, I am being careful and I had someone holding the ladder.
3. Workdays begin here at 630 a.m. Soooo early! But then we are done by 230 so that is the plus. I gotta get used to this though. I have been going to be at 8 p.m. just to get up!
4. I played 2 soccer games yesterday with the girls team. It is so fun! But we played in like 90 degree heat and 90 percent humidity. Needless to say I was exhausted afterwards.
5. The cool thing about the soccer game is that this guy from town brought his stereo system with a diesel generator (the hot commodity around here) and cranked the tunes, the music I LOVE, all through the games. I was like, yes, this place is perfect for me.
6. Another reason this place is perfect for me. We already that 2 dances in 1 week. Now when I say dance it is not like what I am used to when I go out dancing in the US, think more of a 7th grade dance. Boys on one side, girls on the other, all very shy but when they get up the nerve to ask you to dance, they can really dance and it is very fun!
7. I love the afternoon thunderstorms here and the rain. It is really relaxing.
That is about it for now! I need to do take a shower since I am still covered in paint! Hope all is well!
Cheers!
Tara
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment